If you ever decide to join a small group, what would you want from it? It might be support from a bunch of close friends, particularly when you are going through difficulties in life. It might be that you are excited to study God’s Word with other people, to receive their wisdom and to share what God has been saying to you. It may be that you want some close friends you can be accountable to as you grow in holiness and grace. It may be that you want a safe and warm place where you can introduce friends and neighbours to other Christians, and ultimately to God himself.
The DNA of the Early Church
Whatever reason you might have for joining or being in a small group, our boundless God is capable of achieving more than we could ever dream of through meeting together. Small groups were ordained by God to care for and multiply his followers. Just read through the Book of Acts and see how Jesus’ followers met together in small groups, devoted to continuing in Jesus’ teaching, desperate to pray for each other and those around them. They depended on each other for everything and intentionally lived life together. What was the result:
A deep sense of holy awe swept over everyone …Acts 2:43a TPT
God Will Accomplish What He Wants
You should never doubt what a small group can be and do, because you know the boundless God behind it. As he says in Isaiah 55:11, everything he says and does will accomplish what he wants it to.
Never Doubt What a Small Group Can Do
God appointed small groups to care for and multiply his followers. Never doubt what a small group can do with such a boundless God! If you are not yet in one then join one or start one today. If you are in one, then celebrate it! We can expect God to help us live in joy and peace as we share together.
Think It Over
Think through the following:
- What is your attitude to small groups? Does that change when you realise God has appointed them to care for and multiply his followers?
There’s a new episode of Battle Drill Devotional every Monday through Friday.
This Week’s Battle Drill Devotionals
- Monday 24 July – Why are Small Groups Important in The Salvation Army?
- Tuesday 25 July – Never Doubt What a Small Group Can Do with a Boundless God
- Wednesday 26 July – How To Set An Exciting Vision For Church Small Groups
- Thursday 27 July – Small Group Prayer Warriors: The Best in Tough Times
- Friday 28 July – Finding Genuine Christian Encouragement in Small Groups
- How Small Groups Help Us Grow in Faith
- Small Groups, Big Difference
- Accepting God’s Grace: The Most Important Thing You Will Ever Do
- How To Break Free From Sin, Once and For All
- The Power to Change: The Freedom You Desperately Need
Please Consider Leaving Your Feedback
Did you know you can now give each post and podcast episode on my website a star rating?
I value your feedback about what I am writing and teaching, so I can improve and try to give you content that will better nourish, challenge, and equip you for your Christian journey.
All you have to do is click on the star rating below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?