Living a life of holiness is difficult. We all make mistakes. We all fail at times. None of us is perfect!
Finding Christian Encouragement As We Seek Holiness
Sometimes, this can be very discouraging. We want to live for God and become more like his Son, Jesus Christ, but sometimes it can seem impossible! You need to find other like-minded people who can offer Christian encouragement in your quest for holiness.
Holiness is Found in Community
We cannot pursue holiness on our own. Why? Because God wired human beings for relationship, for community. To experience the joy and peace – the shalom – God promises us in Isaiah 55:12 requires the involvement of other people in our lives to give us the Christian encouragement we need.
Christian encouragement in the community of small groups is God’s antidote to discouragement when it comes to living the life of holiness. Your small group can help you keep the right perspective when you fail God and make mistakes. They can see and encourage the efforts you are making. They can also remind you of God’s truth. He says, through the Apostle Paul:
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.Romans 8:1 NLT
You’re going to need the Christian encouragement of others in your small group as you seek to live like Christ. In the same way, they are going to need your encouragement too. Find your small group today!
Think It Over
Think through the following:
- If you are not yet in a small group, who could you find to join together and encourage each other? If you are in a small group, which friend needs a word of Christian encouragement from you today?
Click on the link – https://linktr.ee/battlefieldresources – to listen, watch or subscribe to this podcast.
Unless otherwise shown, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright 1996, 2004, 2007, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
This Week’s Battle Drill Devotionals
- Monday 24 July – Why are Small Groups Important in The Salvation Army?
- Tuesday 25 July – Never Doubt What a Small Group Can Do with a Boundless God
- Wednesday 26 July – How To Set An Exciting Vision For Church Small Groups
- Thursday 27 July – Small Group Prayer Warriors: The Best in Tough Times
- Friday 28 July – Finding Genuine Christian Encouragement in Small Groups
- How Small Groups Help Us Grow in Faith
- Small Groups, Big Difference
- Accepting God’s Grace: The Most Important Thing You Will Ever Do
- How To Break Free From Sin, Once and For All
- The Power to Change: The Freedom You Desperately Need
Please Consider Leaving Your Feedback
Did you know you can now give each post and podcast episode on my website a star rating?
I value your feedback about what I am writing and teaching, so I can improve and try to give you content that will better nourish, challenge, and equip you for your Christian journey.
All you have to do is click on the star rating below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?