God commands us to further the public good. A good neighbour prays a prayer for happiness and peace for their community.
Table of contents
What do you think about where you live? Do you love it? Or maybe you wish you were somewhere else? Do you ever pray a prayer for happiness and peace for your community?
A Dislike for Where We Live
For those of us who live in a town or city, it is often not easy to live, work or worship in it. Some have abandoned buildings, graffiti and an underbelly of problems we’d rather not think about.
God’s people were in a city that seemed like hell to them. In 597 B.C. the brightest and best of them had been carried out of their beloved city, Jerusalem and exiled to Babylon. The Babylonians had treated the Israelites abysmally. They had destroyed Jerusalem, ransacked the temple, ruined the economy, removed their leaders and enslaved the people.
The Shock of Being Asked to Pray a Prayer for Happiness for Our Community
What a shock it must have been to hear Jeremiah declare that God commanded them to work for the peace and prosperity of that hated city! And this wasn’t just the absence of conflict, but shalom – wellbeing, contentment, wholeness, health, safety and rest!
Pray a Prayer for Happiness and Peace Today
Likewise, we are commanded to further the public good, whatever we feel about the place where we live. This includes praying a prayer for happiness and peace
for our community and being a good neighbour. It means social action. It means volunteering in the community. It means smiling at people! It means driving carefully and safely. And most of all, it means doing all we can to ensure the community in which we live knows Jesus Christ.
Think It Over
Think about the following:
- What are you doing to bring shalom to your community?
Battle Drill Devotionals This Week
- Monday 11 September – A Timely and Uplifting Prayer For Happiness In Your Community
- Tuesday 12 September – You Need to Know How to Pray for Political Leaders
- Wednesday 13 September – Jeremiah 29:11 NLT: God Has More Amazing Plans For Good For You
- Thursday 14 September – You Need to Know God Has Not Forgotten You
- Friday 15 September – When You Are Feeling So Far From God: How To Find Him
Subscribe to the Podcast
There’s a new episode of Battle Drill Devotional every Monday through Friday.
Click on the link – https://linktr.ee/battlefieldresources – to listen, watch or subscribe to this podcast.
- Happiness Begins with Gratitude: What Happens When People are Delighted
- God’s Beautiful Gift Of Grace: Does God Forgive All Sins?
- You Need to Focus on Jesus not the Storm
- The Truth About Really Needing a Sabbath Rest from Work
- What Does Heaven Look Like?
Please Consider Leaving Your Feedback
Did you know you can now give each post and podcast episode on my website a star rating?
I value your feedback about what I am writing and teaching, so I can improve and try to give you content that will better nourish, challenge, and equip you for your Christian journey.
All you have to do is click on the star rating below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
- Children Are a Blessing from the Lord: Unveiling Truths in Mark 10:13-16
- Understanding the Difference Between Christian and Secular Leadership
- Divine Interruption in Our Lives: Insights Drawn from the Ministry of Christ
- The Salvation Army and Communion: Do I Look Like Christ?
- Discover the Best Christian Leadership Blogs to Elevate Your Faith