Pour out your heart to God in prayer and discover the power it brings. Find comfort, strength, and hope in the midst of your family, health, relational, or financial crisis.
Table of Contents
A crisis in our lives often causes strong emotional responses in us. But then we speak to God about it, we think our prayers have to be dry and boring!
Daniel Pleads with God
If a crisis produces strong emotions, then it’s okay to pour out those emotions to God! It’s okay to pour out your heart to God in prayer. Daniel “pleaded” with God about his crisis – he prayed with emotion. He was repentant, angry that he and his people had sinned against God. He was ashamed of their conduct. He was hurting from the situation he and his people found themselves in. And he let God know about it!
Pour Out Your Heart to God in Prayer
Perhaps you have a crisis you need to pray passionately about. Maybe it’s a family crisis. Maybe it’s a health crisis. Maybe it’s a relational crisis. Maybe it’s a financial crisis. You’re angry, your sad or frustrated.
Pour your heart out to God in prayer about it. He’s a passionate God who longs to answer our passionate prayers.
Think It Over
Think about the following:
- How could you be more passionate when you pray? What would it feel like to truly pour out your heart to God in prayer?
Subscribe to the Podcast
There’s a new episode of Battle Drill Devotional every Monday through Friday.
This Week’s Battle Drill Devotionals
- Monday 18 September – Enhance Your Prayers in Times of Crisis: How to Pray and Listen to God’s Voice
- Tuesday 19 September – Turn Towards God Today: Focus on God and Not Your Problems
- Wednesday 20 September – Pour Out Your Heart to God in Prayer | Find Strength and Hope in Crisis
- Thursday 21 September – The Power of Fasting: Unlocking Spiritual Discipline for Focused Prayer
- Friday 22 September – How to Be Grateful to God for Everything | Trusting Him in Crisis
- Why It Is Important To Know Your Identity In Christ
- Happiness Begins with Gratitude: What Happens When People are Delighted
- God’s Beautiful Gift Of Grace: Does God Forgive All Sins?
- You Need to Focus on Jesus not the Storm
- The Truth About Really Needing a Sabbath Rest from Work
Please Consider Leaving Your Feedback
Did you know you can now give each post and podcast episode on my website a star rating?
I value your feedback about what I am writing and teaching, so I can improve and try to give you content that will better nourish, challenge, and equip you for your Christian journey.
All you have to do is click on the star rating below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?