Table of contents
We all need a Sabbath rest every week. Take one this week and rest your body. It will be thankful you did!
Are you one of those people who drops off to sleep whenever they sit down for a few minutes? Or perhaps you seem to catch a cold every time you take a few days off work?
Our Bodies Need Sabbath Rest
If so, your body might be trying to tell you something! It needs rest! God did not design our bodies to keep going 24/7. Have you ever wondered why don’t we keep the Sabbath anymore? We cannot go without rest. And if we try, as many of us have found, our bodies have a way of reminding us. You pull a muscle in your back. You fall asleep watching a good film. Or you catch a cold when you’re on holiday.
The rhythm God designed for our bodies includes a day of rest each week. Our bodies need it, and so God designed the Sabbath for it.
Take a Sabbath Rest This Week
If you want to know how to observe the Sabbath as a Christian, then maybe the best thing you can do on your next Sabbath is simply to give in to that Sunday afternoon nap! We all need a Sabbath rest every week. Take one this week and rest your body. It will be thankful you did!
Think It Over
Think about the following:
- What physical signs does your body give you when you are not getting enough rest?
There’s a new episode of Battle Drill Devotional every Monday through Friday.
Click on the link – https://linktr.ee/battlefieldresources – to listen, watch or subscribe to this podcast.
This Week’s Battle Drill Devotionals
- Monday 7 August – The Truth About Really Needing a Sabbath Rest from Work
- Tuesday 8 August – Tired? Why Is Rest Important For Mental Health?
- Wednesday 9 August – Had Enough? Rest And Really Focus On God’s Word
- Thursday 10 August – Sabbath Worship Is a Fantastic Way To Refocus Your Heart Now
- Friday 11 August – This Is Important : Really Rest With Your Church Family
Please Consider Leaving Your Feedback
Did you know you can now give each post and podcast episode on my website a star rating?
I value your feedback about what I am writing and teaching, so I can improve and try to give you content that will better nourish, challenge, and equip you for your Christian journey.
All you have to do is click on the star rating below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
- Understanding the Difference Between Christian and Secular Leadership
- Discover the Best Christian Leadership Blogs to Elevate Your Faith
- Children Are a Blessing from the Lord: Unveiling Truths in Mark 10:13-16
- The Salvation Army and Communion: Do I Look Like Christ?
- Divine Interruption in Our Lives: Insights Drawn from the Ministry of Christ