Discover the right direction to take in a crisis. Learn how to focus on God and not your problems by turning to him and finding peace.
Table of Contents
When you’re in a crisis, it often feels as if that’s all the matters. You can’t focus on anything else other than the difficult circumstances you find yourself in.
Daniel Focuses on God
But in turning to God for help in his crisis, Daniel chooses to focus on something, or should I say, someone else. He focuses on God, the only one who can rescue him from his crisis. He turned to God and pleaded with him.
Turning to someone shows them you’re giving them your full attention. Have you ever had a conversation with someone who has turned to you and fixed their eyes on you, even though chaos may be going on all around you? It’s a special feeling!
Focus on God and Not Your Problems
Turning to God and moving your eyes from the circumstances around you is a good way to truly focus on him and seek his help and guidance, particularly in a crisis. Sometimes, we might even discover we are in a crisis precisely because we’ve turned away from God.
To get out of a crisis, we often have to change direction. Learning to focus on God and not your problems is always the right direction to take. How can you turn towards God today?
Think It Over
Think about the following:
- How focused on God are you when you pray? If your circumstances crowd in on you, what might you do to help you focus better?
Subscribe to the Podcast
This Week’s Battle Drill Devotionals
- Monday 18 September – Enhance Your Prayers in Times of Crisis: How to Pray and Listen to God’s Voice
- Tuesday 19 September – Turn Towards God Today: Focus on God and Not Your Problems
- Wednesday 20 September – Pour Out Your Heart to God in Prayer | Find Strength and Hope in Crisis
- Thursday 21 September – The Power of Fasting: Unlocking Spiritual Discipline for Focused Prayer
- Friday 22 September – How to Be Grateful to God for Everything | Trusting Him in Crisis
- Why It Is Important To Know Your Identity In Christ
- Happiness Begins with Gratitude: What Happens When People are Delighted
- God’s Beautiful Gift Of Grace: Does God Forgive All Sins?
- You Need to Focus on Jesus not the Storm
- The Truth About Really Needing a Sabbath Rest from Work
Please Consider Leaving Your Feedback
Did you know you can now give each post and podcast episode on my website a star rating?
I value your feedback about what I am writing and teaching, so I can improve and try to give you content that will better nourish, challenge, and equip you for your Christian journey.
All you have to do is click on the star rating below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?