Feeling so far from God at the moment? God wants to be close to you and promises whenever we get serious about seeking him, we will find him.
Table of contents
How close are you to God today? Can you sense his presence in your life, or are you disconnected from him?
Feeling So Far From God
Maybe today you are feeling far away from him. Maybe you haven’t been to church in years. Maybe you still haven’t returned to church since the Coronavirus pandemic and you feel disconnected from him and his people. Maybe you find yourself in difficult circumstances and he seems distant and aloof. Maybe you’ve just had one of those weeks – busy and stressful – where you think, “I just don’t feel God’s presence in my life just now.”
God’s People Need Not Despair
God’s people found themselves in a difficult place and time. Exiled from their city and enslaved in the enemy city of Babylon. But Jeremiah told them they need not despair. He was with them. He was ultimately in control. They could reach out and speak to him at any time in prayer and he would answer with his grace.
How to Find Him Again
God’s promise is that however far away you might seem from him today, you can call on him with confidence. God can always be found by those who seek him wholeheartedly. Nothing can break your communion with him. He wants to be close to you, whatever your circumstances, and he promises that whenever we get serious about seeking him, we will never be disappointed. May you find God in your day today!
Think It Over
Think about the following:
- What things are getting you down and stressing you out and keeping you from being close to God? What could you do to let go of those today?
Battle Drill Devotionals This Week
- Monday 11 September – A Timely and Uplifting Prayer For Happiness In Your Community
- Tuesday 12 September – You Need to Know How to Pray for Political Leaders
- Wednesday 13 September – Jeremiah 29:11 NLT: God Has More Amazing Plans For Good For You
- Thursday 14 September – You Need to Know God Has Not Forgotten You
- Friday 15 September – When You Are Feeling So Far From God: How To Find Him
Subscribe to the Podcast
There’s a new episode of Battle Drill Devotional every Monday through Friday.
Click on the link – https://linktr.ee/battlefieldresources – to listen, watch or subscribe to this podcast.
- Happiness Begins with Gratitude: What Happens When People are Delighted
- God’s Beautiful Gift Of Grace: Does God Forgive All Sins?
- You Need to Focus on Jesus not the Storm
- The Truth About Really Needing a Sabbath Rest from Work
- What Does Heaven Look Like?
Please Consider Leaving Your Feedback
Did you know you can now give each post and podcast episode on my website a star rating?
I value your feedback about what I am writing and teaching, so I can improve and try to give you content that will better nourish, challenge, and equip you for your Christian journey.
All you have to do is click on the star rating below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
- The Salvation Army and Communion: Do I Look Like Christ?
- Understanding the Difference Between Christian and Secular Leadership
- Discover the Best Christian Leadership Blogs to Elevate Your Faith
- Divine Interruption in Our Lives: Insights Drawn from the Ministry of Christ
- Children Are a Blessing from the Lord: Unveiling Truths in Mark 10:13-16