Table of contents
Every day, you and I are controlled by something. Many of us are controlled by our desires. Others are controlled by fear. Some are controlled by guilt. Still others are controlled by the expectations of those around them. Some people are controlled by their addictions. If what you are controlled by doesn’t seem like your choice, you can feel trapped and imprisoned.
Living in Freedom from Sin
Living in Freedom comes from choosing what, or more specifically, who is going to control your life. Paul encourages us to choose Jesus to control our lives, and to live in freedom from sin deciding how we are going to live.
Living in Freedom: How?
How can we choose freedom in Christ?
- We can identify and be honest with God about our weaknesses.
- We can recognise and keep a watch out for the things that tempt us.
- We can choose to stay away from the sources of our temptations.
- We can ask the Holy Spirit to help us practice self-restraint.
- We can spend more of our time investing in good habits and in service to God.
- We can lean on God’s strength and grace to help us.
- And we can let the peace of God fill our hearts.
Living in Freedom Comes from Choosing to Depend on God
Do you want freedom from the prison life of being controlled by sin and the world? Living in freedom comes from making the choice to depend on God. He will give you the freedom you crave.
Think It Over
Think about the following:
- What keeps you from fully giving control of your life to God?
There’s a new episode of Battle Drill Devotional every Monday through Friday.
Click on the link – https://linktr.ee/battlefieldresources – to listen, watch or subscribe to this podcast.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?