Transform your life and make an eternal impact. Discover how to live in a way that reflects your relationship with Jesus. Join us on this journey!
Table of Contents
It’s hard to be confident about anything these days. We are bombarded with so much conflicting information, it’s difficult to tell what’s true and what isn’t.
They Knew They Had Been With Jesus But They’re Living in Fear and Doubt
Peter and John and Jesus’ other disciples found themselves like this following Jesus’ death. They were hidden in an upper room in Jerusalem, afraid of the authorities and what they might do next. Jesus had said he would return, but surely that couldn’t be true?
They Knew They Had Been with Jesus and Now It Brought Them Confidence
But fast-forward through Jesus’ miraculous resurrection and the coming of the Holy Spirit on his followers at Pentecost, and Peter and John and the other disciples were transformed. Now they are full of confidence. So much so that when Peter and John are dragged before the council of the rulers, elders, and teachers of religious law in Jerusalem, their confidence was such that they knew they had been with Jesus.
The Confidence of Knowing God is in Control
The early chapters of Acts show clearly that Peter and John knew that God was in control. They knew that God has a plan and a purpose. One day Jesus is going to return. In the meantime, his followers are called to help usher in the Kingdom of God.
This means we should change how we live our lives every day. We should live them so that people can say they knew we had been with Jesus, and that we expect to be with Jesus again some day, for eternity. We should live with that expectation ourselves.
When we do it will give us great confidence. It will remind us that God is in control. One day, through his Son, Jesus Christ, he will make everything right and new. And when people encounter us, may they encounter the Kingdom in a way they knew they had been with Jesus.
Think It Over
Think about the following:
- In what situation do you need to claim the confidence that comes from knowing God is in control?
This Week’s Battle Drill Devotionals
- Monday 25 September – Life-Changing Friendship with Jesus: “They Had Been With Jesus”
- Tuesday 26 September – Experience Transformation: How Being with Jesus Inspires Love and Healing
- Wednesday 27 September – Ushering in the Kingdom of God: Living like we’ve been with Jesus
- Thursday 28 September – Been With Jesus? Find Courage & Stand Strong and Confident
- Friday 29 September – They Have Been With Jesus – Transforming Lives Through His Presence
Subscribe to the Podcast
There’s a new episode of Battle Drill Devotional every Monday through Friday.
Click on the link – https://linktr.ee/battlefieldresources – to listen, watch or subscribe to this podcast.
- A Timely and Uplifting Prayer For Happiness In Your Community
- Revealing What Happens To Us When We Behold Our God
- Why It Is Important To Know Your Identity In Christ
- Happiness Begins with Gratitude: What Happens When People are Delighted
- God’s Beautiful Gift Of Grace: Does God Forgive All Sins?
Please Consider Leaving Your Feedback
Did you know you can now give each post and podcast episode on my website a star rating?
I value your feedback about what I am writing and teaching, so I can improve and try to give you content that will better nourish, challenge, and equip you for your Christian journey.
All you have to do is click on the star rating below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
- The Salvation Army and Communion: Do I Look Like Christ?
- Children Are a Blessing from the Lord: Unveiling Truths in Mark 10:13-16
- Discover the Best Christian Leadership Blogs to Elevate Your Faith
- Understanding the Difference Between Christian and Secular Leadership
- Divine Interruption in Our Lives: Insights Drawn from the Ministry of Christ