Table of Contents
This week on the Battle Drill Devotional podcast we examine what was so different about Peter and John that their enemies “recognised them as men who had been with Jesus” (Acts 4:13 NLT). Can people see you have been with Jesus? Each weekday we share hope and encouragement as we read and study the Bible together.
How have you chosen your friends? Did you just “fall in” with them? Was it an accident of location? Did you want to be seen with the “cool kids”? Choosing your friends should be done wisely. After all, someone once said you are the average of the five people you spend most time with. Is that true for you? If it is, then you and I had better be spending as much time with Jesus as we can.
Peter and John Arrested
Jesus’ disciples, Peter and John, are dragged before the council of the rulers and elder and teachers of religious law in Jerusalem, because they had healed a crippled beggar. The healing threatened their power and way of life, and had to be stopped. In any event, they wanted to know who on earth these people were that they could perform healing miracles.
They Had Been With Jesus
During the course of their show trial, Peter and John spoke confidently and with great courage, so much so that members of the council recognised they had been with Jesus (Acts 4:13 NLT). What an amazing thing to say about anyone!
What Friendship With Jesus Means
Friendship with Jesus means he will carry our burdens. He brings you joy. He brings you confidence. He brings you courage. Why? Because he walks with you.
They Had Been With Jesus – Have You?
Think It Over
Think about the following:
- Would people look at you and say they had been with Jesus? Why or why not?
This Week’s Battle Drill Devotionals
- Monday 25 September – Life-Changing Friendship with Jesus: “They Had Been With Jesus”
- Tuesday 26 September – Experience Transformation: How Being with Jesus Inspires Love and Healing
- Wednesday 27 September – Ushering in the Kingdom of God: Living like we’ve been with Jesus
- Thursday 28 September – Been With Jesus? Find Courage & Stand Strong and Confident
- Friday 29 September – They Have Been With Jesus – Transforming Lives Through His Presence
Subscribe to the Podcast
There’s a new episode of Battle Drill Devotional every Monday through Friday.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ
What does it mean that Peter and John were recognised as men who had been with Jesus?
How did Peter and John’s connection to Jesus impact their enemies’ perception of them?
Their enemies recognised Peter and John’s connection to Jesus because they witnessed their boldness, confidence, and the miracles they performed in Jesus’ name, which were clear indications of their close relationship with him.
Can people see that we have been with Jesus today?
What are some signs that indicate someone has been with Jesus?
How can we cultivate a visible connection with Jesus in our lives?
We can cultivate a visible connection with Jesus by spending time in prayer, studying the Bible, and seeking to live out his teachings. Engaging in acts of service and ministry, loving others, and allowing the Holy Spirit to transform us from within can also help us reflect the presence of Jesus in our lives.
- A Timely and Uplifting Prayer For Happiness In Your Community
- Revealing What Happens To Us When We Behold Our God
- Why It Is Important To Know Your Identity In Christ
- Happiness Begins with Gratitude: What Happens When People are Delighted
- God’s Beautiful Gift Of Grace: Does God Forgive All Sins?
Please Consider Leaving Your Feedback
Did you know you can now give each post and podcast episode on my website a star rating?
I value your feedback about what I am writing and teaching, so I can improve and try to give you content that will better nourish, challenge, and equip you for your Christian journey.
All you have to do is click on the star rating below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?