When Jesus stills the storm he brings unexpected help and encouragement just at the time you are most desperate.
Table of contents
Have You Seen a Ghost?
Have you ever thought you’d seen a ghost? People at Maidenhead Salvation Army have told me our building is haunted by a ghost called Mabel. I admit I have thought I’ve heard her on more than one occasion, but then my brain kicks in and I can usually establish the noise is coming from something quite ordinary!
At the moment, there’s probably enough going on in your life that you don’t need to be frightened by ghosts! But what stops us from running away from the storms of life we find ourselves in? Only Jesus.
The disciples were fighting exhaustion. They’re trying to keep a low profile following Herod’s murder of John the Baptist. They’re recovering from the responsibility of trying to feed five thousand men and their women and children in the remote area on the shore of Galilee to where Jesus had led them. And they’d been fighting the wind and waves for several hours.
Jesus Stills the Storm
Jesus comes to them. But he comes walking on the water. It is unexpected. Impossible. No wonder they thought they’d seen a ghost! They were terrified. But Jesus says, Don’t be afraid. I am here. And then Jesus stills the storm.
Do you need to hear those words today? Don’t be afraid. Jesus is here. Jesus stills the storm. He brings unexpected help and encouragement just at the time you are most desperate. In his presence, fear is gone. Take courage in him today.
Think It Over
Think about the following:
- How would you have reacted to seeing someone walk on water in the middle of a storm?
There’s a new episode of Battle Drill Devotional every Monday through Friday.
Click on the link – https://linktr.ee/battlefieldresources – to listen, watch or subscribe to this podcast.
This Week’s Battle Drill Devotionals
- Monday 14 August – You Need to Focus on Jesus not the Storm
- Tuesday 15 August – When Jesus Stills The Storm You’ll Immediately Feel Secure
- Wednesday 16 August – How to Walk on Water? Get Out of the Boat!
- Thursday 17 August – Don’t Panic – Fix Your Eyes On Jesus For Your Survival
- Friday 18 August – Tested by the Storms Of Life? Jesus Intercedes For Us
Please Consider Leaving Your Feedback
Did you know you can now give each post and podcast episode on my website a star rating?
I value your feedback about what I am writing and teaching, so I can improve and try to give you content that will better nourish, challenge, and equip you for your Christian journey.
All you have to do is click on the star rating below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
- Discover the Best Christian Leadership Blogs to Elevate Your Faith
- Divine Interruption in Our Lives: Insights Drawn from the Ministry of Christ
- The Salvation Army and Communion: Do I Look Like Christ?
- Children Are a Blessing from the Lord: Unveiling Truths in Mark 10:13-16
- Understanding the Difference Between Christian and Secular Leadership