Trust in God this New Year. Our blog offers faith-strengthening insights to guide you.
As we approach the dawn of a new year, it is a time of reflection, renewal, and anticipation. It is also an opportune moment to strengthen our faith and trust in God. Today, I want to remind you of the importance of obedience to God’s call, even when we don’t fully understand his plans.
The Essence of Faith
Hebrews 11:1-2 says, “Faith shows the reality of what we hope for; it is the evidence of things we cannot see. Through their faith, the people in days of old earned a good reputation.” These verses beautifully encapsulate the essence of faith. Faith is not merely a belief or a feeling; it is a deep trust in God’s character and his promises.
A Test of Faith
Every time God calls us to do something, it serves as a test of our faith. Will we trust in God’s wisdom and guidance, or will we rely on our own limited understanding? Often, God’s plans may seem mysterious or challenging to comprehend. Nevertheless, it is in these moments of uncertainty that our faith is truly tested.
Trusting God’s Wisdom
Trusting in God requires us to surrender our control and acknowledge that his ways are higher than ours. We may not always understand why God asks us to do certain things, but we can be certain of his goodness and faithfulness. Just as the ancients were commended for their faith, we too can find solace in knowing that God rewards those who diligently seek him.
Learning to Trust in 2024
As we embark on a new year, let us make it our resolution to learn to trust God without question. Instead of relying solely on our own instincts, let us seek his guidance in every aspect of our lives. This means surrendering our desires, plans, and ambitions to his perfect will.
Steps to Deepen Our Trust in God
1. Prayer: Cultivate a habit of regular prayer, seeking God’s wisdom and guidance in all decisions, big or small. Through prayer, we open ourselves to his leading and align our hearts with his purposes.
2. Study his Word: Dive into the Scriptures, for they are a wellspring of wisdom and guidance. Meditate on God’s promises, and allow his truth to shape your thoughts and actions.
As we bid farewell to the old year and welcome the new, let us embrace the tests of faith that God places before us. Trusting in God’s wisdom, even when we don’t understand, is an act of obedience that deepens our relationship with Him. In 2024, let our faith be unwavering, our trust unshakeable, and our obedience steadfast. May we be known as a community that wholeheartedly trusts in God, even when the path ahead is unclear.
Wishing you a blessed and faith-filled new year!
Battle Drill Daily Devotional Podcast This Week
This week on the Battle Drill Daily Devotional Podcast we focus on the New Year and the opportunity it brings to make changes in our lives. How can we ensure they are lasting changes? Each weekday we share hope and encouragement as we read and study the Bible together.
- Monday 1 January – Thanks God! Celebrating our Spiritual Transformation
- Tuesday 2 January – God Uses Mistakes for Good
- Wednesday 3 January – Tuning into the Rhythm of Life
- Thursday 4 January – Making Lifestyle Changes That Last: The Power of God’s Grace
- Friday 5 January – Making Promises to God: Keeping Our Commitments
There’s a new episode of Battle Drill Devotional every Monday through Friday.
Related Posts on Our Blog
- Anticipating Hope in the Messiah
- God is Never Too Busy to Help You
- Bible Verses About Helping Those Who Are Hurting: A Deep Insight into Jesus: Interrupted by the Hurting
- A Vision for Hope: Sustainable Living Strategies for a Brighter Future
- Children Are a Blessing from the Lord: Unveiling Truths in Mark 10:13-16
Please Consider Leaving Your Feedback
Did you know you can now give each post and podcast episode on my website a star rating?
I value your feedback about what I am writing and teaching, so I can improve and try to give you content that will better nourish, challenge, and equip you for your Christian journey.
All you have to do is click on the star rating below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?