When your heart and your mind focus on God’s Word, they experience less stress and more rest.
Table of contents
How’s your focus? Do you find it easy to focus on the right things? Or does the constant bombardment from adverts and social media distract you from what’s important.
Our Minds are Being Assaulted
Our minds are constantly assaulted by the world’s messages. You’ll mean something if you buy this. You deserve to eat this. You’ll get what you want if you buy this. It’s exhausting!
On the Sabbath, Focus on God’s Word
God designed the Sabbath as a fire break from all of this. Sabbath gives us the opportunity to focus on him and on his Word; to focus on God and not the things the world thinks we should focus on. Spending time on the Sabbath in God’s Word – reading it, listening to it, studying it, meditating on it – helps us focus on the right things. It helps us have a healthy mind.
What happens when you do focus on God’s Word? You find the rest and the peace that you need. The peace that passes all understanding. When your heart and your mind are staying focused on God’s Word, they experience less stress and more rest.
We all need that, especially on the Sabbath. What will you do to focus on God’s Word and find that rest during your next Sabbath?
Think It Over
Think about the following:
- What is one thing you currently do on the Sabbath that you could replace with spending more time in focus on God’s Word?
This Week’s Battle Drill Devotionals
- Monday 7 August – The Truth About Really Needing a Sabbath Rest from Work
- Tuesday 8 August – Tired? Why Is Rest Important For Mental Health?
- Wednesday 9 August – Had Enough? Rest And Really Focus On God’s Word
- Thursday 10 August – Sabbath Worship Is a Fantastic Way To Refocus Your Heart Now
- Friday 11 August – This Is Important : Really Rest With Your Church Family
Please Consider Leaving Your Feedback
Did you know you can now give each post and podcast episode on my website a star rating?
I value your feedback about what I am writing and teaching, so I can improve and try to give you content that will better nourish, challenge, and equip you for your Christian journey.
All you have to do is click on the star rating below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?