Peter and John had been with Jesus. Discover the power of being with him, bringing love and healing to those in need. Join us in transforming lives!
Table of Contents
Yesterday I suggested that we are the average of the five people we spend most time with. We should therefore be people of whom it is said, they had been with Jesus. Coming at it from another angle, who you have spent your time with shows whether you had been with Jesus or not.
Standing with the Excluded
You see, Jesus spent most of his time with the excluded in his society: the outsiders, the misfits, the sinners, the poor people. The council that tried Peter and John after they had healed the crippled beggar recognised they had been with Jesus, in part, because they were following his example. They too were spending time with the excluded like the crippled beggar.
Jesus Did Not Spend Time with the Wealthy and Powerful
The council trying Peter and John was the same council that had tried Jesus and condemned him to death. They were wealthy, and thought themselves the intellectual and powerful men of Jerusalem. But Jesus didn’t spend much time with them. He could see they were self-serving, and causing pain and suffering on the population as a whole, particularly those on the margins of society.
They Had Been with Jesus and Learned from Him
Jesus brought love and healing to them, and he calls us to do the same. Peter and John had been with Jesus, and in his name they brought that same love and healing to the poor and sick. We too must stand in solidarity with those who need us the most. This demands we have been with Jesus and that our lives are being transformed by him.
This is our name. This is our calling. And it all comes from being with Jesus and learning from him.
Think It Over
Think about the following:
- Who could you stand with in solidarity today?
This Week’s Battle Drill Devotionals
- Monday 25 September – Life-Changing Friendship with Jesus: “They Had Been With Jesus”
- Tuesday 26 September – Experience Transformation: How Being with Jesus Inspires Love and Healing
- Wednesday 27 September – Ushering in the Kingdom of God: Living like we’ve been with Jesus
- Thursday 28 September – Been With Jesus? Find Courage & Stand Strong and Confident
- Friday 29 September – They Have Been With Jesus – Transforming Lives Through His Presence
Subscribe to the Podcast
There’s a new episode of Battle Drill Devotional every Monday through Friday.
Click on the link – https://linktr.ee/battlefieldresources – to listen, watch or subscribe to this podcast.
- A Timely and Uplifting Prayer For Happiness In Your Community
- Revealing What Happens To Us When We Behold Our God
- Why It Is Important To Know Your Identity In Christ
- Happiness Begins with Gratitude: What Happens When People are Delighted
- God’s Beautiful Gift Of Grace: Does God Forgive All Sins?
Please Consider Leaving Your Feedback
Did you know you can now give each post and podcast episode on my website a star rating?
I value your feedback about what I am writing and teaching, so I can improve and try to give you content that will better nourish, challenge, and equip you for your Christian journey.
All you have to do is click on the star rating below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
- The Salvation Army and Communion: Do I Look Like Christ?
- Understanding the Difference Between Christian and Secular Leadership
- Discover the Best Christian Leadership Blogs to Elevate Your Faith
- Divine Interruption in Our Lives: Insights Drawn from the Ministry of Christ
- Children Are a Blessing from the Lord: Unveiling Truths in Mark 10:13-16