Table of Contents
Trying to win others to Christ is risky. We may not face death or persecution or prison like Peter and John (although many Christians in the world do so) but we may suffer rejection and embarrassment. How do we find the courage to continue to bring people to Christ?
Uncommon Courage Because They’d Been With Jesus
It is clear that Peter and John had uncommon courage in confronting the council in Jerusalem. The rulers and elders and teachers of religious law were the very men who had tried Jesus, handed him over to the Roman authorities, and condemned him to death. They had every right to be frightened they would do the same to them. And yet, Peter and John found the courage to challenge their fundamental beliefs and threaten their authority as religious teachers.
They went on the offensive, boldly speaking out for God and presenting the Good News to these leaders.
How? Because they had been with Jesus. They knew he was the source of truth. They knew he was the rock on which to build their lives and ministry. That gave them the courage to take a stand.
When You Have Been With Jesus
When you have been with Jesus, you feel less intimidated by the opinions of others. When you have been with Jesus, you’ll have the courage to take a stand for your Christian faith and beliefs. When you have been with Jesus, you no longer worry about being unpopular. When you have been with Jesus, you can stand courageously for the truth. When you have been with Jesus, you find the uncommon courage you need to be his follower in the world today.
Think It Over
Think about the following:
- Where in your life might you still be living to please other people rather than to please God?
This Week’s Battle Drill Devotionals
- Monday 25 September – Life-Changing Friendship with Jesus: “They Had Been With Jesus”
- Tuesday 26 September – Experience Transformation: How Being with Jesus Inspires Love and Healing
- Wednesday 27 September – Ushering in the Kingdom of God: Living like we’ve been with Jesus
- Thursday 28 September – Been With Jesus? Find Courage & Stand Strong and Confident
- Friday 29 September – They Have Been With Jesus – Transforming Lives Through His Presence
Subscribe to the Podcast
There’s a new episode of Battle Drill Devotional every Monday through Friday.
Click on the link – https://linktr.ee/battlefieldresources – to listen, watch or subscribe to this podcast.
- A Timely and Uplifting Prayer For Happiness In Your Community
- Revealing What Happens To Us When We Behold Our God
- Why It Is Important To Know Your Identity In Christ
- Happiness Begins with Gratitude: What Happens When People are Delighted
- God’s Beautiful Gift Of Grace: Does God Forgive All Sins?
Please Consider Leaving Your Feedback
Did you know you can now give each post and podcast episode on my website a star rating?
I value your feedback about what I am writing and teaching, so I can improve and try to give you content that will better nourish, challenge, and equip you for your Christian journey.
All you have to do is click on the star rating below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?