Notes on the Sermon: Everlasting Father: The Grand Event in Motion, Jesus Revealed
Welcome to our special annual carol service episode, where we unwrap the profound theme of love that infuses the Christmas season. Today, we delve into how love – from the cinematic tales to the divine narrative – shapes our festive experiences and spiritual reflections.
Main Themes Discussed:
Festive Films & Divine Narrative:
We discuss the portrayal of love in popular Christmas movies and how they echo the greater narrative of divine love. These stories often set the tone for the season, inspiring us to connect with the heartfelt message at the core of the holiday.
The Holiday Spirit of Compassion:
The essence of Christmas encourages us to extend love through acts of kindness and compassion, particularly to those less fortunate. We explore examples of how this spirit of care is embodied during the holiday season.
A Grandfather’s Love:
We share the touching story of an elderly Polish man and his commitment to learning English, all for the love of communicating with his granddaughter. This poignant example illustrates the personal sacrifices made in the name of love, resonating with the audience on an intimate level.
God’s Love for Humanity:
Central to our discussion is the concept of God’s ultimate expression of love, as told through the Christmas story. We contemplate the significance of Jesus, the “Father of Eternity,” and his mission to form a personal bond with humanity.
Unconditional Divine Love:
In a world where performance often dictates value, we emphasize the importance of recognizing God’s unconditional love. This love is independent of human actions or achievements and stands as the true heart of the Christmas message.
Lastly, we invite listeners to shift focus from the commercial aspects of Christmas to the deeper, more meaningful celebration of sacrificial love. We consider how this perspective can transform the way we approach the holidays and influence our interactions with others.
In closing, we encourage our listeners to embrace the true essence of Christmas by acknowledging and practicing the sacrificial love that defines the season. Whether through storytelling or spiritual introspection, love remains the star atop the Christmas tree of life.
Join us as we explore these themes and more, on this episode dedicated to discovering love’s role in our Christmas traditions and beliefs.
Click on the link – https://linktr.ee/battlefieldresources – to listen, watch or subscribe to this podcast.
Download the Transcript
You can download the transcript for use in your own study or preaching:
Sermon Series: He Shall Be Called
- Wonderful Counsellor: How Jesus Establishes a Foundation of Hope
- Mighty God in Christianity: The Unwavering Confidence We Find in Jesus
- Everlasting Father: The Grand Event in Motion, Jesus Revealed
- Finding Serenity with the Prince of Peace: Spiritual Insights
- Christ: The Hope of the World and God’s Promise Fulfilled in Jesus
Battle Drill Daily Devotional Podcast This Week
This week on the Battle Drill Daily Devotional Podcast, we recall that Christmas is a time to celebrate that God loves us. Each weekday we share hope and encouragement as we read and study the Bible together.
- Monday 18 December – Christmas is About God’s Love
- Tuesday 19 December – Understanding God’s Love: A Christmas Reflection
- Wednesday 20 December – God is Love: Discovering Your Purpose this Christmas
- Thursday 21 December – Finding Unshakeable Confidence in God’s Unconditional Love
- Friday 22 December – Celebrating the Love of Baby Jesus
Related Posts on Our Blog
- Equipping His People
- Interrupting Jesus Disrupts Our Lives With His Love and His Ways
- Raise a Hallelujah: A Powerful New Praise and Worship Song by Bethel Music
- Happiness Begins with Gratitude: What Happens When People are Delighted
- Jeremiah 29:11 NLT: God Has More Amazing Plans For Good For You
Please Consider Leaving Your Feedback
Did you know you can now give each post and podcast episode on my website a star rating?
I value your feedback about what I am writing and teaching, so I can improve and try to give you content that will better nourish, challenge, and equip you for your Christian journey.
All you have to do is click on the star rating below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?