Finding your identity in Christ will make you discover your priorities in life. His values will set your priorities.
Table of contents
What are your priorities in life? Possessions? Pleasure? Popularity? If you don’t decide what is most important in life, then the world will do it for you. We are bombarded with messages every day – from adverts, from the media, through social media, from our employer, even from family and friends – about what we should be focused on.
Finding Your Identity In Christ Will Make You Discover Your Priorities In Life
Finding your identity in Christ will make you discover your priorities in life. Paul prays that we will prioritise spiritual wisdom and insight. He prays we will focus on growing in our knowledge of God. He prays that we might fully understand the confident hope God has given us.
God’s Priorities are Better
When we do that, we will discover that fulfilling God’s purpose for our lives is so much better than simply being popular with those around us. We will find that learning to love God and to love and serve others with his love is more fulfilling than living lives of leisure. And we will come to see that living in God’s hope is better than placing all our hope in our possessions.
Finding your identity in Christ will make you discover your priorities in life. His vision for your life will help you discover his values, and his values will set your priorities.
Think It Over
Think through the following
- What changes might you need to make in your life to ensure you are centred on God’s priorities for you?
Subscribe to the Podcast
There’s a new episode of Battle Drill Devotional every Monday through Friday.
This Week’s Battle Drill Devotionals
- Monday 4 September – Why It Is Important To Know Your Identity In Christ
- Tuesday 5 September – How To Find Your Identity In Christ: In God’s Beautiful Family
- Wednesday 6 September – Your Identity In Christ Helps You See What Your Limited Responsibilities Are
- Thursday 7 September – Finding Your Identity In Christ Will Make You Discover Your Priorities In Life
- Friday 8 September – Knowing Your New Identity in Christ Determines Your Future
- Happiness Begins with Gratitude: What Happens When People are Delighted
- God’s Beautiful Gift Of Grace: Does God Forgive All Sins?
- You Need to Focus on Jesus not the Storm
- The Truth About Really Needing a Sabbath Rest from Work
- What Does Heaven Look Like?
Please Consider Leaving Your Feedback
Did you know you can now give each post and podcast episode on my website a star rating?
I value your feedback about what I am writing and teaching, so I can improve and try to give you content that will better nourish, challenge, and equip you for your Christian journey.
All you have to do is click on the star rating below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?