How to walk on water if you’re in the middle of a storm? You have to be willing to do what Jesus wants you to and get out of the boat!
Table of contents
Have you ever been water skiing? Or surfing? Or ice skating? It takes courage to step on the water, or to catch a wave and let it take you, or to step onto the ice rink. I’ve only ever attempted the latter and fallen flat on my face!
How to Walk on Water? Get Out of the Boat!
But if you’re going to achieve any of those things, you have to take the step of faith at some point. There’s no point in standing on the shore with water skis on. You have to get out on the water. A surfboard might make a fashion statement, but it’s of little use unless you’re going to plunge into the ocean and surf the waves. Ice skates make terrible shoes! You have to get out on the ice.
Take a Step of Faith
Sometimes, God uses the storms of life to encourage us to take a step of faith. If my line of legal work hadn’t changed beyond all recognition, I might still not be a Salvation Army officer. And being made redundant probably pushed me to make the right decision to obey God’s calling rather than prevaricating over whether I should or not. If you want to know how to walk on water, then the first step is to get out of the boat.
Is It Possible to Walk on Water?
Peter would never have attempted to walk on water had it not been for the storm. The storm caused him to react in faith and to experience a special outpouring of God’s power. If you feel you’re in a storm at the moment, and you want to know how to walk on water, pause and ask God what he wants you to do. And be willing to do it. It’s time to get out of the boat!
Think It Over
Think about the following:
- Where is Jesus inviting you to step out of your comfort zone and learn how to walk on water?
There’s a new episode of Battle Drill Devotional every Monday through Friday.
Click on the link – https://linktr.ee/battlefieldresources – to listen, watch or subscribe to this podcast.
This Week’s Battle Drill Devotionals
- Monday 14 August – You Need to Focus on Jesus not the Storm
- Tuesday 15 August – When Jesus Stills The Storm You’ll Immediately Feel Secure
- Wednesday 16 August – How to Walk on Water? Get Out of the Boat!
- Thursday 17 August – Don’t Panic – Fix Your Eyes On Jesus For Your Survival
- Friday 18 August – Tested by the Storms Of Life? Jesus Intercedes For Us
Please Consider Leaving Your Feedback
Did you know you can now give each post and podcast episode on my website a star rating?
I value your feedback about what I am writing and teaching, so I can improve and try to give you content that will better nourish, challenge, and equip you for your Christian journey.
All you have to do is click on the star rating below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
- The Salvation Army and Communion: Do I Look Like Christ?
- Discover the Best Christian Leadership Blogs to Elevate Your Faith
- Children Are a Blessing from the Lord: Unveiling Truths in Mark 10:13-16
- Understanding the Difference Between Christian and Secular Leadership
- Divine Interruption in Our Lives: Insights Drawn from the Ministry of Christ