Bible-endorsed wisdom in relationships, creating Christ-like bonds.
Isaiah 9:6 announces that the Messiah – fulfilled in the person of Jesus Christ – will be our Wonderful Counsellor, imparting wisdom beyond understanding into every part of our lives. When we think of wisdom, we often associate it with intelligence or knowledge. However, the Bible teaches us that true wisdom has nothing to do with our intellectual abilities, but rather, it is reflected in our relationships and our character. James 3:13-18 reminds us of the importance of wisdom in our daily lives.
What the Bible Says About Wisdom in Relationships
Wisdom is not about how much information we possess or how smart we are. It is about how we live and interact with others. James tells us that wisdom is demonstrated through good conduct and gentleness. It is not boastful or self-seeking, but rather, it is considerate and peace-loving.
Wise People Do Not Compromise Their Integrity
One key application of this passage is that wise people do not compromise their integrity. They understand that integrity is the foundation for healthy relationships. When we act with integrity, we build trust and respect with others. Our words and actions align with our beliefs, and we become people of integrity.
Integrity requires us to be consistent in our behaviour, even when no one is watching. It means being honest and truthful, even when it may be easier to lie or deceive. Wise people understand that compromising their integrity may bring short-term gains, but it ultimately damages their relationships and their own character.
Follow What the Bible Says About Wisdom in Relationships
So, let us strive to be wise in our relationships and our character. Let us seek to be people of integrity, who consistently live out our beliefs. As we do so, we will cultivate healthy and meaningful relationships, built on trust and respect.
Battle Drill Daily Devotional Podcast This Week
This week on the Battle Drill Daily Devotional Podcast, we explore the wisdom that Jesus, our Wonderful Counsellor, gives us. Each weekday we share hope and encouragement as we read and study the Bible together.
- Monday 4 December – God’s Plan: History’s Goal in Christ
- Tuesday 5 December – Depending on God’s Wisdom: The Key to a Blessed Life
- Wednesday 6 December – Finding True Wisdom in the Word of God
- Thursday 7 December – Finding Wisdom in Times of Crisis
- Friday 8 December – The True Measure of Wisdom: Relationships and Character
There’s a new episode of Battle Drill Devotional every Monday through Friday.
Click on the link – https://linktr.ee/battlefieldresources – to listen, watch or subscribe to this podcast.
Related Posts on Our Blog
- Seeing Others Through the Eyes of Jesus: Discerning Compassion in Everyday Life
- From Heartache to Healing: How to Release Grief and Embrace Happiness
- Experience the Bounty of an Abundant Harvest
- Life-Changing Friendship with Jesus: “They Had Been With Jesus”
- Enhance Your Prayers in Times of Crisis: How to Pray and Listen to God’s Voice
1. [Wisdom and Relationships – How They Interact]( )
2. [Biblical Wisdom for Better Relationships]( )
3. [Building Strong Character and Relationships Through Wisdom](https://www.openbible.info/topics/wisdom_and_relationships)
4. [Outline for Wisdom in Relationships According to the Bible](https://www.biblestudytools.com/proverbs/)
5. [Differentiating Wisdom from Knowledge in Relationships]( )
6. [The Role of Wisdom in Maintaining Healthy Relationships]( )
7. [How to Apply Biblical Wisdom in Relationships](https://www.crosswalk.com/family/singles/how-to-apply-biblical-wisdom-to-current-relationships.html)
8. [Character and Relationships: Understand the Biblical Perspective](https://www.insight.org/resources/topics/character)
9. [Wisdom in Relationships: A Deep Look at The Bible’s Teachings]( )
10. [Building Strong Relationships Through the Wisdom of the Bible]( )
Please Consider Leaving Your Feedback
Did you know you can now give each post and podcast episode on my website a star rating?
I value your feedback about what I am writing and teaching, so I can improve and try to give you content that will better nourish, challenge, and equip you for your Christian journey.
All you have to do is click on the star rating below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?