What to pray for children: delve into spiritual insights and nurture their growth.
Table of Contents
As we come to the end of a week when we’ve considered the importance of a childlike faith, today we turn to praying for our children. Whether they are your own children, grandchildren, children in your wider family or amongst your friends, or the children in your church or corps, each one of us can be praying for them. In this week’s passage, people brought their children to Jesus for his blessing. It’s a reminder that prayer for our little ones is a beautiful and powerful act of love.
What to Pray for Children
But sometimes, we can be at a loss to know what to pray. So here are five suggestions:
- Pray for Their Faith: Begin by praying for your children’s faith to grow, to be deeply rooted in Christ. Ask God to nurture their belief, just as Jesus welcomed the children in Mark 10.
- Pray for Protection: In a world filled with challenges, pray for the protection of your children. Ask God to watch over them, guard them from harm, and guide them towards safe and loving relationships.
- Pray for Wisdom: Pray for wisdom for your children. Just as Jesus embraced these little ones, pray for their ability to make wise decisions and discern right from wrong.
- Pray for Love: Like Jesus, pray for your children to experience and show love. Ask God to fill their hearts with love, compassion, and kindness, so they can be a shining light in the world.
- Pray for Their Purpose: Finally, pray for your children to find their unique purpose in God’s plan. Just as Jesus valued the children’s presence, pray for your children to discover their calling and contribute positively to society.
Your Prayers Impact Your Children’s Lives
Remember, your prayers have a profound impact on your children’s lives. As you seek God’s guidance and protection, and as you pray for their faith, wisdom, love, and purpose, you are actively investing in their spiritual growth and well-being. It’s a beautiful way to show your love and commitment to their journey through life.
How can you incorporate these prayers into your daily life and make them a regular part of your routine in nurturing your children’s faith and well-being?
Battle Drill Daily Devotional Podcast This Week
This week on the Battle Drill Daily Devotional Podcast we witness Jesus welcoming the interruption of children, and encouraging us to have childlike faith. Each weekday we share hope and encouragement as we read and study the Bible together.
- Monday 6 November – How did Jesus treat people who were “wrong”? A Touching Tale and Teaching
- Tuesday 7 November – People Jesus Spent Time With: A New Perspective on Mark 10:13-16
- Wednesday 8 November – Unlocking the Secrets of Childlike Faith: Analysing Mark 10:13-16
- Thursday 9 November – Receive the Kingdom of God Like a Child: Insights on Embracing Divine Grace
- Friday 10 November – Unlock the Secret of What to Pray for Children to Encourage Growth & Well-being
There’s a new episode of Battle Drill Devotional every Monday through Friday.
Click on the link – https://linktr.ee/battlefieldresources – to listen, watch or subscribe to this podcast.
- Seeing Others Through the Eyes of Jesus: Discerning Compassion in Everyday Life
- From Heartache to Healing: How to Release Grief and Embrace Happiness
- Experience the Bounty of an Abundant Harvest
- Life-Changing Friendship with Jesus: “They Had Been With Jesus”
- Enhance Your Prayers in Times of Crisis: How to Pray and Listen to God’s Voice
1. [30 Prayers for Your Children](https://www.crosswalk.com/faith/prayer/prayers/30-prayers-for-your-children.html)
2. [5 Powerful Prayers Every Mom Should Pray Over Her Kids](https://www.thebettermom.com/blog/2012/07/26/5-arrows-of-prayer-every-mom-should-shoot)
3. [A Parent’s Guide to Praying for Your Children](https://www.familylife.com/articles/topics/parenting/challenges/spiritual-growth-for-kids/a-parents-guide-to-praying-for-your-children/)
4. [The Power of a Praying Parent](https://www.amazon.com/Power-Praying-Parent-Stormie-Omartian/dp/0736957677)
5. [How to Pray for Your Children Every Day](https://www.faithgateway.com/how-to-pray/#.YFJmnC1h3IU)
6. [44 Scriptures to Cover Your Children in Prayer](https://hisviewfromhome.com/faith/44-scriptures-to-cover-your-children-in-prayer/)
7. [21 Scriptures to Pray Over Your Child](https://www.arabahjoy.com/21-scriptures-to-pray-for-your-child/)
8. [Praying for Your Children from Head to Toe](https://www.imom.com/praying-for-your-children-from-head-to-toe/#.YFJoMS1h3IU)
9. [The Blessing of Praying for Your Children](https://www.focusonthefamily.com/parenting/the-blessing-of-praying-for-your-children/)
10. [What Does the Bible Say About Praying for Children?](https://www.openbible.info/topics/praying_for_children)
Please Consider Leaving Your Feedback
Did you know you can now give each post and podcast episode on my website a star rating?
I value your feedback about what I am writing and teaching, so I can improve and try to give you content that will better nourish, challenge, and equip you for your Christian journey.
All you have to do is click on the star rating below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
- The Salvation Army and Communion: Do I Look Like Christ?
- Divine Interruption in Our Lives: Insights Drawn from the Ministry of Christ
- Understanding the Difference Between Christian and Secular Leadership
- Discover the Best Christian Leadership Blogs to Elevate Your Faith
- Children Are a Blessing from the Lord: Unveiling Truths in Mark 10:13-16