Explore how your life can transform when you master strength under control. Begin the journey now.
Table of Contents
Strength Under Control: Introduction
What do you think of when you read or hear the word, “meek”? You might be tempted to think of the archetypal 97-pound weakling who usually appears in contrast to a muscly hero. Think Charles Atlas or Captain America. We often mistake meekness for weakness.
Strength Under Control: Meekness Does Not Equal Weakness
But meekness did not equal weakness in the biblical world. The Greek word for “meekness” actually means “strength under control.” It would be used to describe a wild stallion brought under control.
Strength Under Control: Trust in God
Happiness does not come from being weak. But someone who is meek can be made happy by God, because they put their trust in him rather than in their own strength. Relying on our own skills and abilities to navigate life simply leads to stress.
Strength Under Control: Let Go and Let God
Happy people let go and let God. They agree to letting God fulfil his purpose for their lives. As we practice meekness it relieves stress and worry. That sounds like a recipe for happiness to me!
- What aspect of your life do you need to surrender to God? Can you see how that might make you happier?
This Week on Battle Drill Devotionals
- Monday 9 October – From Heartache to Healing: How to Release Grief and Embrace Happiness
- Tuesday 10 October – Mastering Your Strength Under Control: Achieving Happiness in a World of Chaos
- Wednesday 11 October – Embrace a Joyful Life: Understanding why Forgiveness is the Key to Happiness
- Thursday 12 October – Unlocking Happiness and Integrity: Trail to A Joyous & Upright Life
- Friday 13 October – “Happy Are The Peacemakers”: Unearthing the Joy of Conflict Resolution
There’s a new episode of Battle Drill Devotional every Monday through Friday.
Click on the link – https://linktr.ee/battlefieldresources – to listen, watch or subscribe to this podcast.
- Enhance Your Prayers in Times of Crisis: How to Pray and Listen to God’s Voice
- A Timely and Uplifting Prayer For Happiness In Your Community
- Why It Is Important To Know Your Identity In Christ
- Happiness Begins with Gratitude: What Happens When People are Delighted
- God’s Beautiful Gift Of Grace: Does God Forgive All Sins?
- 1. The Power of Gentleness: Strength Under Control – https://www.focusonthefamily.com/faith/the-power-of-gentleness-strength-under-control/
- 2. 7 Self-Control Strategies – https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/contemporary-psychoanalysis-in-action/201501/7-self-control-strategies
- 3. The Strength of Self-Control – https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/stress-management/in-depth/exercise-and-stress/art-20044469
- 4. Self-Control is Strength – https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/eight_steps_to_greater_self_control
- 5. A Life in Balance – https://www.huffpost.com/entry/stress-and-health_b_3313606
- 6. Cultivating Strength and Self-Control – https://ideas.ted.com/5-ways-to-build-your-personal-resilience/
- 7. How to Gain Control of Your Emotions – https://www.wikihow.com/Gain-Control-of-Your-Emotions
- 8. Strength Under Control: Overcoming Anger – https://www.crosswalk.com/family/parenting/kids/strength-under-control-overcoming-anger.html
- 9. Emotion Regulation Skills – https://www.positivepsychology.com/wp-content/uploads/Emotion-Regulation.pdf
- 10. The Two Types of Self-Control – https://fs.blog/2018/07/self-control/
Please Consider Leaving Your Feedback
Did you know you can now give each post and podcast episode on my website a star rating?
I value your feedback about what I am writing and teaching, so I can improve and try to give you content that will better nourish, challenge, and equip you for your Christian journey.
All you have to do is click on the star rating below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
- Divine Interruption in Our Lives: Insights Drawn from the Ministry of Christ
- Understanding the Difference Between Christian and Secular Leadership
- Children Are a Blessing from the Lord: Unveiling Truths in Mark 10:13-16
- The Salvation Army and Communion: Do I Look Like Christ?
- Discover the Best Christian Leadership Blogs to Elevate Your Faith