Experience the profound power of choice, choose to follow Jesus and delve into a journey of selfless service and sacrifice.
Jesus calls us to follow him, not as mere spectators, but as active participants in his mission of love and compassion. In Matthew 9:27-38, we see Jesus demonstrating his authority and power through healing the blind, the mute, and the paralysed. He doesn’t force anyone to follow him, but he extends an invitation to all.
We Can Choose to Follow Jesus
As we read this passage, we are reminded that Jesus doesn’t draft us into his service, nor does he coerce us into following him. Instead, he invites us to join him willingly and wholeheartedly. He calls us to imitate his ways of sacrifice and service, just as he selflessly gave himself for the sake of others.
An Open Invitation to All
Jesus’ call to follow him is not limited to a select few. It is an open invitation for all people, regardless of their background or social status. Everyone is called to choose to follow Jesus. He calls the blind, the mute, and the paralysed – those who are often marginalised and overlooked by society. He calls us to show compassion to those around us, to reach out to the hurting and broken, and to be agents of healing and restoration.
What Will We Choose?
Our response to Jesus’ call is a personal choice. Will we choose to follow Jesus in his mission of love and compassion? Will we be willing to sacrifice our own comfort and convenience for the sake of others? Will we imitate his selflessness and servant-heartedness?
Reflecting on Matthew 9:27-38, we are confronted with the question: What is our response to Jesus’ call? Will we choose to follow Jesus? Are we willing to step out in faith and follow him, embracing a life of sacrifice and service? Let us prayerfully consider how we can imitate Jesus’ ways in our daily lives and make a difference in the lives of those around us.
Battle Drill Daily Devotional Podcast This Week
This week on the Battle Drill Daily Devotional Podcast, we reflect on Jesus’ compassion and willingness to be interrupted by those in need. As his followers, we are called to do the same. Each weekday we share hope and encouragement as we read and study the Bible together.
- Monday 20 November – Why Won’t God Answer My Prayer? A Deep Dive on Building Faith through Delayed Answers
- Tuesday 21 November – Experiencing True Commitment: Faith in Action through Belief in Jesus
- Wednesday 22 November – Like Sheep Without a Shepherd: Unveiling the Compassionate Heart of Jesus
- Thursday 23 November – Ripe for Harvest: Discovering Jesus’s Love in Every Crop
- Friday 24 November – Choose to Follow Jesus: Sacrifice, Service and the Path to Peace
There’s a new episode of Battle Drill Devotional every Monday through Friday.
Click on the link – https://linktr.ee/battlefieldresources – to listen, watch or subscribe to this podcast.
- Seeing Others Through the Eyes of Jesus: Discerning Compassion in Everyday Life
- From Heartache to Healing: How to Release Grief and Embrace Happiness
- Experience the Bounty of an Abundant Harvest
- Life-Changing Friendship with Jesus: “They Had Been With Jesus”
- Enhance Your Prayers in Times of Crisis: How to Pray and Listen to God’s Voice
Please Consider Leaving Your Feedback
Did you know you can now give each post and podcast episode on my website a star rating?
I value your feedback about what I am writing and teaching, so I can improve and try to give you content that will better nourish, challenge, and equip you for your Christian journey.
All you have to do is click on the star rating below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?