Understanding why won’t God answer my prayer? Building faith through waiting.
Table of Contents
Have you ever felt like God is taking too long to answer your prayers? Have you ever asked yourself or someone you trust, why won’t God answer my prayer? Like the blind men in Matthew 9:27-38, who desperately cried out to Jesus for healing, we can sometimes grow impatient when we don’t receive an immediate response.
Why Won’t God Answer My Prayer? Maybe There’s a Purpose to the Delay
But what if there’s a deeper purpose behind the delay? What if Jesus intentionally waits and questions us to help us understand our deepest need and to increase our faith?
In this passage, Jesus encounters two blind men who persistently follow him, pleading for mercy and healing. Instead of instantly granting their request, Jesus asks them, ‘Do you believe I can make you see?’ He challenges them to express their faith and trust in him.
Delays Build Our Faith
Jesus’ delay in answering their pleas may seem puzzling at first, but it reveals his desire to build their faith. He wanted them to recognise that their greatest need was not physical healing but spiritual transformation. By questioning them, Jesus helped these men dig deeper and discover the true nature of their need.
Similarly, when we feel like God is too slow in answering our prayers, it’s an opportunity for us to examine our hearts and align our desires with his. He may be using the waiting period to refine our faith, deepen our trust, and shape us into the people he wants us to be.
So, the next time you find yourself waiting for God’s response and asking yourself why won’t God answer my prayer, remember that he may be using the delay to build your faith. Embrace the questions, seek his wisdom, and trust that he knows what’s best for you.
How can you use the waiting period to grow in faith and trust in God?
Battle Drill Daily Devotional Podcast This Week
This week on the Battle Drill Daily Devotional Podcast, we reflect on Jesus’ compassion and willingness to be interrupted by those in need. As his followers, we are called to do the same. Each weekday we share hope and encouragement as we read and study the Bible together.
- Monday 20 November – Why Won’t God Answer My Prayer? A Deep Dive on Building Faith through Delayed Answers
- Tuesday 21 November – Experiencing True Commitment: Faith in Action through Belief in Jesus
- Wednesday 22 November – Like Sheep Without a Shepherd: Unveiling the Compassionate Heart of Jesus
- Thursday 23 November – Ripe for Harvest: Discovering Jesus’s Love in Every Crop
- Friday 24 November – Choose to Follow Jesus: Sacrifice, Service and the Path to Peace
There’s a new episode of Battle Drill Devotional every Monday through Friday.
Click on the link – https://linktr.ee/battlefieldresources – to listen, watch or subscribe to this podcast.
- Seeing Others Through the Eyes of Jesus: Discerning Compassion in Everyday Life
- From Heartache to Healing: How to Release Grief and Embrace Happiness
- Experience the Bounty of an Abundant Harvest
- Life-Changing Friendship with Jesus: “They Had Been With Jesus”
- Enhance Your Prayers in Times of Crisis: How to Pray and Listen to God’s Voice
1. [10 Reasons God Might Not Be Answering Your Prayers](https://relevantmagazine.com/life5/10-reasons-god-might-not-be-answering-your-prayers/)
2. [Bible Verses About Delayed Answer To Prayers](https://www.openbible.info/topics/delayed_answer_to_prayers)
3. [How to Respond When God Delays Your Answers](https://rickwarren.org/devotional/english/how-to-respond-when-god-delays-your-answers)
4. [Understanding the Timing of God](https://www.crosswalk.com/faith/spiritual-life/understanding-the-timing-of-god.html)
5. [Why Doesn’t God Answer My Prayers?](https://www.billygraham.org/story/why-doesnt-god-answer-my-prayers/)
6. [Withholding Answers and Building Faith](https://bitsofbread.org/2019/01/16/withholding-answers-and-building-faith/)
7. [Reasons for Unanswered Prayers – Talk to God](https://www.allaboutprayer.org/reasons-for-unanswered-prayers-faq.htm)
8. [Unanswered Prayers: Real Reasons God Needs to Delay](https://theprayingwoman.com/4-reasons-why-god-might-remove-a-loved-one-from-your-life/)
9. [How to Keep Trusting When God is Silent](https://www.ibelieve.com/blogs/betsy-de-cruz/how-to-keep-trusting-when-god-is-silent.html)
10. [Trusting God When He Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers](https://www.guideposts.org/faith-and-prayer/daily-devotions/devotions-for-women/trusting-god-when-he-doesnt-answer-your-prayers)
Please Consider Leaving Your Feedback
Did you know you can now give each post and podcast episode on my website a star rating?
I value your feedback about what I am writing and teaching, so I can improve and try to give you content that will better nourish, challenge, and equip you for your Christian journey.
All you have to do is click on the star rating below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
- Discover the Best Christian Leadership Blogs to Elevate Your Faith
- The Salvation Army and Communion: Do I Look Like Christ?
- Understanding the Difference Between Christian and Secular Leadership
- Children Are a Blessing from the Lord: Unveiling Truths in Mark 10:13-16
- Divine Interruption in Our Lives: Insights Drawn from the Ministry of Christ