“Here are 25 leadership nuggets I’ve learned over the years – many of them the hard way.”
“Words are huge. Especially from someone we trust. I’ll be honest. I’m not the best at it. Sometimes I get so focused on completing tasks I forget people are what life is all about. Every task on my list today and any day mean nothing without people. So, I intentionally try to pass on encouragement to people. I especially like to encourage younger leaders as I see opportunity. I’m fact, I to make it a matter of personal discipline. Everyone needs encouragement. And there are some common encouragements we all need to hear.”
“A friend who knew I was too busy recommended I read Richard Swenson’s book, Margin.* It didn’t take long (like, the first page) before I realized I needed to listen. Maybe you’ll find yourself in these first words of the first chapter.”
Thanks for reading with me. If you discovered an enlightening, must-read leadership or productivity link recently, drop me a line and share!
- How to Take a Sabbath: Healthy Leaders Don’t Avoid The Sabbath, They Get Ready For It
- Leaders are Readers: Keep Reading When You Get Back To Work
- 2 Ways To Avoid Overcommitting Yourself As A Leader
- Life as a Pastor: How Can We Cultivate Resilience in Ourselves and Others?
- The best way to pastor people…
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?