Table of contents
Are You Happy and Content?
Are you happy and contented? Some people seem to think that being happy and content means they’ve given up striving to make life better. They’ve simply settled for their lot in life.
Real Contentment is About Remembering Why We’re Here
But that’s not what it means to be contented. Real contentment has nothing to do with your circumstances. Contentment is about remembering our place in God’s creation. We don’t own anything. It’s on loan to us whilst we’re here on earth. Most of us know, deep down, that we can’t take it with us!
Happy and Contented Stewards
We are stewards of God’s blessings to us. When we understand that we can hold our possessions with open hands and be grateful to God for gifting them to us. Learning to be content with all God has given us is a sure way to happiness.
Think It Over
Think about the following:
- What does it really mean to hold the possessions God has blessed you with, with an open hand?
Subscribe to the Podcast
This Week’s Battle Drill Devotionals
- Monday 28 August – Happiness Begins with Gratitude: What Happens When People are Delighted
- Tuesday 29 August – Happy Memories Help You Remember the Important Things in Life
- Wednesday 30 August – Happy and Contented With Life and All God Gives Us
- Thursday 31 August – Does God Want Us to be Happy?
- Friday 1 September – How Much Stuff Do You Need to be Happy?
Please Consider Leaving Your Feedback
Did you know you can now give each post and podcast episode on my website a star rating?
I value your feedback about what I am writing and teaching, so I can improve and try to give you content that will better nourish, challenge, and equip you for your Christian journey.
All you have to do is click on the star rating below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?