Does God want us to be happy on earth? Rely on Christ’s strength rather than your own and you’ll find happiness even in difficult circumstances.
Table of contents
Sometimes, difficult circumstances can make us unhappy. Maybe we’ve fallen out with someone. Perhaps we’re finding our schoolwork difficult. Some of us are grieving the loss of a loved one. Maybe you’ve lost your job and you’re finding it difficult to obtain another one. Perhaps you’re lonely. When we find ourselves in difficult circumstances, we can sometimes wonder if God wants us to be happy on earth or not.
Worrying If We’ll Ever Feel Happy Again
You may even feel there’s nothing you can do about your difficulties. You worry that you’ll never be happy again. If that’s how you feel, then tell Jesus. The great thing is, he already knows, and he stands ready to help you. Christ is powerful and he is willing to provide you with the strength you need. When we rely on him, Christ gives us his strength. We don’t have to do it in our own strength.
Does God Want Us to be Happy on Earth?
Think It Over
Think about the following:
- What happens when you try to deal with your problems in your own strength? Does it make you happy?
Subscribe to the Podcast
There’s a new episode of Battle Drill Devotional every Monday through Friday.
This Week’s Battle Drill Devotionals
- Monday 28 August – Happiness Begins with Gratitude: What Happens When People are Delighted
- Tuesday 29 August – Happy Memories Help You Remember the Important Things in Life
- Wednesday 30 August – Happy and Contented With Life and All God Gives Us
- Thursday 31 August – Does God Want Us to be Happy?
- Friday 1 September – How Much Stuff Do You Need to be Happy?
Please Consider Leaving Your Feedback
Did you know you can now give each post and podcast episode on my website a star rating?
I value your feedback about what I am writing and teaching, so I can improve and try to give you content that will better nourish, challenge, and equip you for your Christian journey.
All you have to do is click on the star rating below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?