Table of contents
Joseph Could Have Taken Revenge on His Brothers
I wonder if this crossed Joseph of Egypt’s mind as he came face-to-face with his starving brothers? He was the second most powerful man in Egypt. If he had called the palace guard and demanded they through this Palestinian riffraff into Pharaoh’s torture chambers, no one would have raised an eyebrow. This was his chance to get revenge.
Joseph Shows How To Forgive Someone Who Hurt You
But instead, Joseph shows you how to forgive someone who hurt you. He chooses to show love and grace to his brothers. In doing so, he ensures that in no way are they controlling his destiny. He refuses to bow to resentment and bitterness. Instead, he sees God’s hand through it all, and is able to say, “It was God who sent me here ahead of you to preserve your lives” (Genesis 45:5).
Joseph chooses to seek justice for his brothers, rather than to exact revenge.
How to Forgive Someone Who Hurt You
Think It Over
- How does living with bitterness and hatred mean the person we cannot forgive still has control over us?
Click on the link – https://linktr.ee/battlefieldresources – to listen, watch or subscribe to this podcast.
This Week’s Battle Drill Devotionals
- Monday 21 August – God’s Beautiful Gift Of Grace: Does God Forgive All Sins?
- Tuesday 22 August – Forgive Us Our Trespasses: This Is What Amazing Forgiving People Can Ask
- Wednesday 23 August – Punish or Pardon? How To Forgive Someone Who Hurt You
- Thursday 24 August – I Forgive You: The Most Daring Words People Say
- Friday 25 August – The Truth About Forgiving What You Can’t Forget Right Now
Please Consider Leaving Your Feedback
Did you know you can now give each post and podcast episode on my website a star rating?
I value your feedback about what I am writing and teaching, so I can improve and try to give you content that will better nourish, challenge, and equip you for your Christian journey.
All you have to do is click on the star rating below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?