“He will wipe away every tear” from your eyes, a divine promise offering eternal joy.
Table of Contents
Many of those who serve their country in conflict and who fight to preserve our security and happiness will have seen sights that made them weep for humanity. They endured great suffering and grief on our behalf.
The comforting words of Revelation 21:1-7, remind us – as perhaps they did some of them – of the promise of eternal joy and an end to suffering and grief.
He Will Wipe Away Every Tear
In this passage, John shares a vision of a new heaven and a new earth, where God dwells with his people. He assures us that God will wipe away every tear from our eyes, and there will be no more death, mourning, crying, or pain. All the former things will pass away, and everything will be made new.
It is a beautiful promise of hope and restoration, assuring us that our present sufferings are temporary and that a day is coming when all pain will cease. In the midst of our trials and tribulations, we can find comfort in knowing that God sees our tears and will wipe them away.
Ours is Not a Distant God, Remote, Unfeeling
As we reflect on this promise, we are reminded that God is not distant or indifferent to our pain. He is intimately acquainted with our grief and sorrows. He is a God who empathises with us and offers us his comfort and peace.
So, let us hold on to this promise of eternal joy, knowing that one day, all suffering and grief will be replaced with everlasting joy and peace in the presence of our loving Creator.
How does the promise of eternal joy help you navigate through seasons of suffering and grief?
Battle Drill Daily Devotional Podcast This Week
This week, on the Battle Drill Daily Devotional Podcast, we look beyond Remembrance Sunday to the vision for hope for the future found in Revelation 21, reminding ourselves this is not the end – one day God will make everything new.
- Monday – All Things are Made New: Insightful Perspectives on God’s Promise of a New Heaven and Earth
- Tuesday – God Dwells Among His People: Discovering the Secret of Divine Attendance
- Wednesday – He Will Wipe Away Every Tear: The Assurance of Eternal Joy and The End of All Suffering
- Thursday – What Does Water Represent in the Bible? Spiritual Symbolism Unveiled
- Friday – Bible Verses about Overcoming: An Exploration of Faith-Based Resilience
There’s a new episode of Battle Drill Devotional every Monday through Friday.
Click on the link – https://linktr.ee/battlefieldresources – to listen, watch or subscribe to this podcast.
- Seeing Others Through the Eyes of Jesus: Discerning Compassion in Everyday Life
- From Heartache to Healing: How to Release Grief and Embrace Happiness
- Experience the Bounty of an Abundant Harvest
- Life-Changing Friendship with Jesus: “They Had Been With Jesus”
- Enhance Your Prayers in Times of Crisis: How to Pray and Listen to God’s Voice
1. [BibleGateway – Revelation 21:4](https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+21%3A4&version=NIV) has the exact verse where the phrase ‘He will wipe away every tear’ comes from. It’ll provide biblical support to your blog post.
2. [Biblica – Comfort In Times of Trouble](https://www.biblica.com/resources/sufferinghope/devo-comfort-in-times-of-trouble/) is an article that offers readers Christian comfort during times of suffering.
3. [Billy Graham Evangelistic Association – What is Heaven Like?](https://billygraham.org/story/what-is-heaven-like/) This blog post discusses the promises of heaven, as described in the Bible.
4. [CrossWalk – 7 Comforting Verses](https://www.crosswalk.com/faith/spiritual-life/7-comforting-verses-to-help-you-through-the-hard-times.html) offers bible verses that provide comfort during difficult times, including the primary keyword.
5. [Desiring God – The End of Sorrow](https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/the-end-of-sorrow) discusses the biblical perspective on the end of suffering and sorrow.
6. [GotQuestions – What does the Bible say about Suffering?](https://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-suffering.html) offers a comprehensive article on what the Bible says about suffering.
7. [Christianity Today – Happiness](https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/topics/h/happiness/) is a collection of articles that explore the theme of happiness and joy in Christianity.
9. [The Gospel Coalition – Sorrow Will Turn to Joy](https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/sorrow-will-turn-joy/) is a blog post discussing how sorrows and griefs will eventually turn into joy.
10. [Lifeway – God’s Purpose in Our Suffering](https://www.lifeway.com/en/articles/sermon-gods-purpose-suffering-paul-joseph-job) is a sermon about how to view and understand suffering in a biblical way.
Please Consider Leaving Your Feedback
Did you know you can now give each post and podcast episode on my website a star rating?
I value your feedback about what I am writing and teaching, so I can improve and try to give you content that will better nourish, challenge, and equip you for your Christian journey.
All you have to do is click on the star rating below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
- Children Are a Blessing from the Lord: Unveiling Truths in Mark 10:13-16
- Discover the Best Christian Leadership Blogs to Elevate Your Faith
- Understanding the Difference Between Christian and Secular Leadership
- Divine Interruption in Our Lives: Insights Drawn from the Ministry of Christ
- The Salvation Army and Communion: Do I Look Like Christ?